I bring a wealth of diverse skills and interests–and more than 10 years’ experience as a freelance editor and writer–to every project.
I am fascinated by the fluidity of language and its constant evolution with changing communication styles. I believe in the importance of plain language, conscious editing, and accessibility in document design, and I will advocate for them in every project I take on.
Ongoing professional development is a vital component of my practice. I regularly participate in writing and editing workshops, complete college and university-level coursework, and am a member of several professional writing and editing organizations.
- Editing for Conscious and Inclusive Language. Editorial Freelancers Association. Instructor: Crystal Shelley.
- Introduction to Plain Language Principles. Editors Canada. Instructor: Michelle Waitzman.
- Design for Readability. Editors Canada. Instructors: Lisa Orchard and Christa Bedwin.
- Accessibility for Editors. Editors Canada. Instructor: Suzanne Schaan.
WRITING & EDITING COURSEWORK
George Brown College:
- Grammar and Punctuation
- Structural and Stylistic Editing
- Copy Editing
- Production Editing
The University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies:
- Summer Writing School Creative Writing Intensive
- Memoir Writing I
Toronto Metropolitan University, Chang School of Continuing Education:
- Memoir Writing II
- From the Horse’s Mouth—Getting Published
University of Toronto:
- M.Sc. Botany
- B.Sc. Plant Pathology
University of Toronto, School of Continuing Studies:
- Building Media Relationships
- Marketing to Win
Tips & Tricks: Whether you’re looking for information or inspiration, visit the Resources section (located in the footer below) for a curated list of helpful websites!
And for a peek at what I’ve been reading, don’t miss #TheBookshelf!